Cherry Tree: A National Literary Journal @ Washington College welcomes submissions of poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction. We read manuscripts between August 15 and October 15. We only consider original, unpublished work. For accepted work, we purchase First North American serial rights.
Payment is two contributors’ copies.
Submissions are only accepted via Submittable. Please review the submission guidelines below before submitting online:
- All manuscripts should be paginated, with the author’s name and contact information on the first page. Prose should be double-spaced and include a word count.
- Fill in the title(s) of the work(s) you are submitting. If you are submitting a group of poems, they should be saved and uploaded as one file, rather than individually.
- Please, send no more than seven poems or twenty-five pages of prose. Poems should be uploaded as a single file.
- Please, do not send us more than one submission per genre during each reading period.
- We prefer to receive submissions in .DOC or .RTF format.
- Simultaneous submissions should be clearly marked as such in the comments section. If any of the work is accepted elsewhere, please withdraw your entire Cherry Tree submission immediately.
- Allow up to 3 months for a reply. If more than 3 months have passed since your submission, you may query managing editor Lindsay Lusby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please, get to know Cherry Tree before submitting. Subscriptions are available at $14 for one year and $25 for two years. For a description of what we’re looking for, subscription information, and selections of our favorite work, visit our website.
- Fill in all of your contact information. You should use the “Writer Name” field to specify a pen name, if different from your legal name.
- Use the comments section to enter a cover letter, then click submit.
- After clicking the submit button, you will be able to review your information and confirm. You can log in at any time to view your account and previous submissions.
- Once submissions have been sent to Cherry Tree, the works are considered final. We will not be using Submittable's new submission editing feature.
- Further queries may be directed to email@example.com.
Ends on 10/15/2015
- Send no more than seven poems.
- Poems should be uploaded as a single file.
Ends on 10/15/2015
Send no more than twenty-five pages of prose.